I am available for consultancy work involving analysis, planning and implementation of
business systems. I am not available for work that could be described as technical
accounting work - see the disclaimer at the bottom of this page.
Meanwhile, read on about some of the stuff I've been involved in recently.
Consultancy - industries
- hotel and entertainment industry
- academic research
- commodity & equity markets
- travel industry
Consultancy - experience
- advising on product pricing in the transition to a GST (=VAT)
- business valuation (telecommunications industry)
- Training: Excel, Visual Basic for Applications, file management
- development of operational and investment budgets, including design and implementation of budgeting systems
- writing portfolio analysis software
- trading system implementation
- medical database design
- statistical analyis using conventional tests as well as simulation
- website design:
Please note that my website design philosophy is that a site should be an effective means to an end. I resent websites which look like they've been designed to get design awards. Fast, quick and attention getting is what a site should be. I do have access to graphic design skills, so I can tailor a website to your particular needs. I also can write forms and data capturing interfaces for you - I love programming in PERL - but none of the above sites have required me to display this skill.
- PalmLoader - downloads a website for you to allow you to carry it around in your Palm[TM] organiser - I used it for my daily newspaper, until the AvantGo people came out with their free service.
- URLgetter - a drag and drop windows program which will extract URLs from desktop shortcuts and place them in a file ready for w3mir (for mirroring websites).
- StockTransformer - takes daily data from Stockwatch's end-of-day files and loads requested companies into Excel.
- I am currently working on a trading system application. The intention is to use stock prices, volumes and other data to flag trading opportunities.
- Radio (recording) technician 1982-5
- Credit Union director 1982-6
- Committee member & later Treasurer, Polish Association in Hobart 1981-6
- Involved in the Scouting movement. Leader since 1994, Scoutmaster since 1996, District Commissioner 1998-2000.
- I was interviewed by the Polish programme of SBS Radio regarding the NRMA privatisation (April 2000) and, in a series of 5 interviews, about the implications of the GST (May-June 2000).
email: rc AT druh DOT com
am an accounting academic, I do not hold a public practice certificate.
Accordingly, it would be unethical for me to solicit or accept
accounting engagements, so please do not ask.